What's the Difference between Alprazolam and Etizolam? And it’s benefit, side effects and precaution
What is Alprazolam?
Alprazolam is a type of benzodiazepine. It contains alpha-hydroxyalprazolam, 4-hydroxyalprazolam, and beta-hydroxyalprazolam as metabolites. Its onset time for action is less than an hour. It is used for the treatment of anxiety disorders. It is an oral medicine. It is also available in liquid form.It is manufactured by a famous company, Pfizer. Alprazolam was launched in 1981. It works by binding different receptors in Central Nervous System. Many stereo-specific receptors are present in CNS. Its mechanism of action is not known. The only known fact is that it decreases the excitement in the brain. There are many shapes and sizes available. This information is useful to describe that what is Alprazolam.
- Frustration or restlessness
- Disturbance in sleep or sleeping too much
- Loss or gain weight
- Headache, stomachache or back pains
- Thoughts of suicide or death
To diagnose depression is not the only task. To find out the use of proper anti-depression pills is also necessary. It is known that only 30% of the patients of depression recover completely. The only reason behind it the improper use of medicine.
Benefits of Alprazolam
There are many advantages to using this drug. Such as
- It provides soothing effects on the brain.
- It enhances the effect of the central natural chemical in the body.
- It is used to treat panic anxiety disorders.
- Alprazolam is also useful in chemotherapy-induced nausea.
- It can also cure generalized anxiety disorder (GAD).
- It can be useful for the treatment of anxiety conditions with co-morbid depression.
Precautions for Alprazolam
Alprazolam is CNS relaxing drug. It is sold as Xanax. Its over-usage is strictly prohibited. The use of this drug with alcohol can even cause death. If you want to start taking alprazolam then tell your doctor that you are allergic to it. Tell your doctor about your medical history. Tell him you have any liver disease, kidney disease or any breathing problems. You should make your doctor aware of your family history. Do not drive while you are consuming this drug. Tell your surgeon about the use of this drug before having surgery. Pregnant women should not use Alprazolam. It is also not recommended for breastfeeding women as it passes into breast milk and can harm the baby. Do not use this drug if you are suffering from glaucoma.
Side Effects of Alprazolam
Alprazolam has many uses but its overdose can cause many side effects. Use this drug according to the prescription of your doctor. This drug may cause
- Difficult breathing
- Drowsiness and Dizziness
- Increased saliva production
- Thoughts of suicide and hallucinations
- Memory problems
- The color of eyes and skin become yellow by using this drug in excess
- You may feel trouble in walking. In that case, remain in one position and contact your doctor.
What is Etizolam?
One may think that what is etizolam, it is not a benzodiazepine. It belongs to the analog family of benzodiazepine that is thienotriazolodiazepine. It is absorbed in the body between 6o minutes and 2 hours. This drug is sold in tablet form. People can swallow it, inject it or take anally. These tablets are crushed to powder and then injected. It is the generic for Depas or Sedekopan. Etizolam differs from BDZs in having a benzene ring replaced with a thiophene ring. This drug was introduced in japan in 1983. It is not approved for use in the US by the FDA. It has a high bioavailability of 93%. Its main metabolite is alpha hydroxyetizolam. It relaxes the muscular system. It is a CNS depressant.
The doctors advise this drug because
- It provides calm to the patients of generalized anxiety disorder. It works more efficient than Valium.
- It treats the minor cognitive effects
- It has a more binding capacity with receptors.
- It is used to treat panic attacks and disorder.
- This drug is advised by the physician if the patient is not able to enjoy sound sleep due to fatigue or any irritation.
- It can use to treat seating of palm, agitation, hyperactivity, etc.
- It has a short onset time. If it is orally taken then the onset time is only 30 to 60 minutes.
- Avoid taking it with alcohol.
- Women during pregnancy and breastfeeding should avoid its consumption.
- Be careful during its use as it has habit-forming potential.
- Do not use Etizolam if you are suffering from the following diseases:
- Myasthenia gravis
- If you have missed a dose then take it as soon as possible.
- Do not take overdose as it may cause decreased heartbeat and slower rate of breathing.
Side Effects of Etizolam
There are some side effects of using Etizolam:
- Uncontrolled shaking of arms or legs
- Stomach pain
- Muscle weakness
- Use of excess amount of this drug may cause loss of coordination
- Slows the brain
- It can also cause short-term memory loss
- Big doses can make user over sleepy