Zopiclone Oral Tablet: Side Effects and Over Dosage of Blue Sleeping Pills
Introduction of Zopiclone Pills
Zopiclone is a generally used hypnosedative that has been primarily recommended as a sleep aid. It is accessible in quite a few generic formulations in Canada but has been marketed under the trade names Imovane and Rhovane.
Zopiclone is one of the “Z” drug sedative-hypnotics and became clinically presented in the mid 1980s. (Others include zaleplon [Starnoc in Canada and Sonata in the United States], zolpidem [Ambien in the United States], and eszopiclone [S-isomer of zopiclone; Lunesta in the United States].) It has many similarities with benzodiazepine drugswhen used for sleep, but it is not one of them. These include reduced latency to sleep instigation, increased time of sleep, and decreased episodes of awakening. There was optimism that “Z” drugs would be less addictive or less associated with post-use rebound than benzodiazepines.
What is the Zopiclone?
Zopiclone, marketed zopiclone brand name is Imovane, is a non benzodiazepine used to deal with difficulty of sleeping. Zopiclone is molecularly different from benzodiazepine medicine. This is group as a cyclopyrrolone. Nonetheless, zopiclone boost the usual transmission of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the central nervous system (CNS), by means of modulating benzodiazepine receptors in very similar way that benzodiazepine medicines do.
Zopiclone is a cyclopyrrolone. It is a type A γ-amino butyric acid (GABA) receptor agonist and consequently improves GABA-related neuronal inhibition. Benzodiazepines also combine to and influence the task of GABA receptors. Zopiclone dosage is normally prescribed in the range of 5 mg to 7.5 mg each day and at 3.75 mg each day for the elderly.
Zopiclone is a type of sleeping pill that can be in use for treatment of terrible attack of insomnia. It aids you fall asleep more quickly, and as well aids discontinue of waking you up at night.
Zopiclone comes in tablets, and also comes in liquid for individuals who find it difficult to swallow tablets, but this has to be advisedparticularly by your doctor.This drug is only obtainable on prescription.
What are the ingredients in Zopiclone?
What are the contents of Zopiclone? The active ingredient is zopiclone. Every tablet contains 7.5mg of zopiclone. It also contains the inactive ingredients calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, wheat starch (gluten), sodium starch glycollate, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, titanium dioxide, macrogol 6000. This medicine does not include gluten, sucrose, tartrazine or any other azo dyes.
What your medicine looks like and contents of the pack? Zopiclone 3.75 mg tablets (blue sleeping pills) are blue coloured, round biconvex film coated tablets, plain on both sides. Zopiclone 7.5mg tablets are white coloured, circular, film-coated tablets with a score line on one side. Each available pack has 28 tablets.
How Zopiclone Sleeping Pills Work?
Zopiclone is a short-acting hypnotic agent, a derivative of cyclopyrrolone. Zopiclone is grouped to a novel chemical class which is structurally unconnected to existing hypnotics. The pharmacological profile of zopiclone is comparable to that of the benzodiazepines.
Zopiclone is used to assist individuals with sleeping problem (insomnia). It assist you fall asleep and decreases the amount of times you wake up during the nighttime. It is used for short-term treatment (2-4 weeks) of insomnia. It is not advised for use of more than 4 weeks at a time.
A study was conducted in sleep laboratory of 1 to 21-day period in man. It is found out that zopiclone decreased sleep latency, augmented the length of sleep and diminished the amount of night-time awakenings. Zopiclone did not diminish consistently the entire duration of REM periods but deferred the start of REM sleep. The period of stage 1 sleep was reduced, and the time spent in stage 2 sleep augmented. Stage 3 and 4 sleep tended to be improved, but no change and actual declines have been detected in the majority of studies. The result of zopiclone on stage 3 and 4 sleep varies from that of the benzodiazepines which restrain slow wave sleep. The scientific implication of this finding is not known.
Information Know About Zopiclone Dose?
Taking Zopiclone and even a few nonprescription sleeping pills as well as a few antidepressants is not safe to take during pregnancy, breast-feeding or an older adult. Taking sleeping pill might improve the danger of nighttime falls and injury in older adults. Your doctor may advise a lower zopiclone dose of medication if you're an older adult to decrease your risk of problems.
Several health conditions such as kidney disease, low blood pressure, heart rhythm problems (arrhythmias) or a history of seizures may restrict your choices. Further, prescription drugs and over-the-counter sleep aids may interact with other medicine. It is significant to follow your doctor's counsel in taking particular prescription sleeping pills are able to lead to drug abuse or drug dependence.
Prescription sleeping pills may be an alternative if your best attempts to get a good night's sleep have been unsuccessful. Here are a few advices on how to use them carefully.
Get a medical assessment. See your doctor for a thorough exam prior to taking sleeping pills. Regularly your medical doctor may be able to discover particular causes for your insomnia. Talk to your doctor concerning a suitable follow-up schedule to talk about your prescription if you're taking sleeping pills for more than a few weeks.
Read the medication guide for patients so that you comprehend how and when to take your medication and what the major possible side effects are. Ask your pharmacist or your doctor if you have some inquiry.
Do not take a sleeping pill until you're going to bed. Sleeping pills can make you less attentive of what you're doing, escalating the danger of risky situations. Wait to take your sleeping pill until you've finished all of your evening activities.
Only when you know you can get a full night's sleep of at least seven to eight hours you take a sleeping pill. Some short-acting sleeping pills are intended for middle of the night awakenings, so you may take them whilst you can sleep for at least four hours. Looking for the pharmacy? Check out our website
Before Taking Zopiclone Sleeping Pills
Before you take Zopiclone, you must know the following to consider.
When you must not take itDo not take this medicine if you have an allergy to:
- Any of the ingredients stated at the last part of this leaflet.
- cough, shortness of breath, wheezing or difficulty breathing
- swelling of the face, lips, tongue, throat or other parts of the body
- rash, itching or hives on the skin
- Hay fever-like symptoms.
Avoid taking this drug if you have or have had any of the following medical situations:
- sleep apnea
- myasthenia gravis
- Severe liver problems
- Severe lung problems.
Avoid taking this medication if you currently had alcohol or deem that you may have alcohol in your bloodstream or present in your body.
Avoid taking this medicine later than the expiry date written on the pack or if the packaging is tattered or shows signs of tampering. Return it to your pharmacist for throwing away, if it has expired or is broken.
Talk to your doctor if you are not certain whether you are supposed to start taking this medicine.Before you start to take it
If you have allergies to any other medicines, foods, preservatives or dyes, inform your doctor.
Inform your doctor if you have or have had any of the following medical conditions:
- thyroid conditions or illness
- depression, psychosis or schizophrenia or are taking prescription for a mental illness
- kidney or liver illnesses
- lung problems or breathing problems
- alcoholism or often consume alcohol
- have been addicted to any drug or medicine
Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant or are breastfeeding. Avoid taking this medication until you and your doctor have talk about the risks and advantages involved.
Inform your doctor if you are preparation to have surgery, dental treatment or an anaesthetic.
Tell them before you start taking this medicine, if you have not told your doctor concerning any of the above.
How Should I Take Zopiclone Pills?
Take the medication precisely as instructed and follow the instructions on your medicine label. Do refer to your doctor if you believe that the prescription is not working well.
Zopiclone must be taken just prior to going to bed when you are ready to sleep. Avoid taking this medicine when your timetable does not permit you to sleep for 7-8 hours. Zopiclone can be taken with or without food. You should get this prescription from the same doctor or clinic whenever possible.
Dose of Zopiclone
The normal dosage of zopiclone is 1 tablet at sleep time.
- A smaller dosage (half a tablet) is advised in older adults (over 65 years of age). Taking a smaller dose lessens the risk of extreme sleepiness, which may start to falls and more side effects.
- Usually, your doctor will prescribe a short term for 10 days or less.
- Take zopiclone precisely as your doctor has advised you. The pharmacy label on your medication will tell you how much to take, how often to take it and any special instructions.
How to take zopiclone
- Avoid taking zopiclone every night.
- Try to fall asleep first using sleep hygiene techniques and then use zopiclone only if you stay awake. Only use zopiclone if you have to.
- You can take zopiclone with or without food.
- Swallow the whole tablet, do not crush or chew it.
- Avoid taking zopiclone if you are awake up from your sleep at the night.
What Happens If I Miss A Dose of Zopiclone?
Zopiclone is typically taken on an as need basis, avoid taking it more frequently than told by your physician. If you happen to miss a dose of zopiclone, as taken on a regular basis, take the missed dose as soon as you recall. Nevertheless, leave out the missed dose and take the next one at your usual schedule, if it is close to the time for your next dose. Avoid taking extra than one dose at the same time or during the same day. Avoid taking 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
Just take zopiclone on the next night. Just start again on the next night, if you fail to remember to take it by bedtime.
If you have only been taking Zopiclone for less than one month and you fail to remember to take your medicine for a few days, you will not get some withdrawal symptoms. Speak to your physician if you are thinking about not taking the prescription again. You possibly will have trouble of getting to sleep and might get your previous symptoms back.
You may experience withdrawal or rebound symptoms if you stop taking zopiclone abruptly. You can stop taking zopiclone safely and slowly with the support of your doctor. Zopiclone is not expected to give you withdrawal symptoms if you have been taking it for less than four weeks, but some individuals might experience this.
What Happens If I Overdose the Zopoclone?
Zopiclone is at times used as a method of suicide. It has the same casualty index to that of benzodiazepine drugs, apart from temazepam, which is mainly toxic in overdose. Deaths have happen from zopiclone overdose, single-handedly or in mixture with additional medicine. Overdose of zopiclone may present with too much sedation and depressed respiratory function that may lead to coma and probably death. Zopiclone mixed with alcohol, opiates, or other central nervous system (CNS) depressants may be even more possible to lead to deadly overdoses. Zopiclone over dosage can be treated with the benzodiazepine receptor antagonist flumazenil, which relocates zopiclone from its binding site on the benzodiazepine receptor, thereby quickly overturn its effects. Severe effects on the heart may also happen from a zopiclone overdose when mixed with piperazine.
Death certificates confirm the several of zopiclone-related deaths is growing. It is usually is not fatal when taken single-handedly, but when combined with alcohol or other drugs such as opioids, or in patients with respiratory, or hepatic disorders, the dangers of a grave and fatal overdose increase.
Overdose is generally apparent by different degrees of central nervous system depression ranging from drowsiness to coma according to the amount ingested. On some over dosage report (zopiclone reviews) or overdose sleeping pills, the main mild effects observe were drowsiness, confusion, and lethargy and in more severe cases ataxia, AV-block, hypotonia, hypotension, methaemoglobinaemia, respiratory depression and coma may happen. To get a simple Procedure of etizolam for sleep, check out the post right here.
Side Effects of Zopiclone Pills
Most medicine might have side effects. Nevertheless, many individuals have no side effects or only have minor side effects. If any of these side effects or any other side effects troubles you or do not go away, seek your doctor or get medical aid:
- Bad breath.
- Bad taste in your mouth.
- Feeling extra or less hungry.
- Encrusted tongue.
- Feeling sleepy.
- Dry mouth.
- Feeling sleepy the next day.
- Feeling anxious and excitable.
- Feeling exhausted or feeble.
Consult your doctor if you have questions about zopiclone side effects. Discuss with your doctor for medical information about side effects. You may report side effects to your national health agency.
How is this medicine best taken? Take this prescription as instructed by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions carefully.
- Take this drug at bedtime.
- Take this drug prior you get into bed.
- Use this drug only for short periods of time (7 to 10 days).
- Call your doctor if you still have difficulty sleeping after 7 to 10 days.
What are various side effects that I have to call my doctor about immediately? Although it may be unusual, several individuals may have dreadful and at times fatal side effects when taking a drug. Inform your doctor or seek medical help immediately if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be connected to a very awful side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of low mood (depression), thoughts of suicide, anxiety, emotional ups and downs, thinking that is not normal, nervousness, or lack of interest in life.
- Change in how you act.
- Feeling confused.
- Change in balance.
- Poorer muscle tone.
- Hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not there).
- Memory troubles or loss.
- Bad dreams.
- Restlessness or agitation
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Change in speech.
- Not able to focus.
- Worse trouble sleeping.
- Shortness of breath.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
Warnings of Zopiclone Pills
Using Zopiclone along with opioid drugs has led to very terrible side effects. Side effects that might occur consist of sluggish breathing, difficulty breathing, and death. Opioid drugs comprise drugs like codeine, oxycodone, and morphine. Opioid drugs are used to treat pain and several are used to treat cough.Consult with the doctor
- Seek medical help right away if you feel very sleepy or dizzy; if you have slow, shallow, or difficulty breathing; or if you pass out if you are taking this drug with an opioid drug. If the patient of Caregivers or others does not respond, does not answer or react like normal, or will not wake up, then they need to get medical aid immediately.
- If you have an allergy reactions to zopiclone or some other portion of this drug.
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any component of this drug, or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Inform your doctor about the allergy reactions and what signs you might show.
- If you have some of these health problems such as Liver problems, lung or breathing difficulty likes sleep apnea, or myasthenia gravis.
- If your schedule does not allow you to get a full night’s sleep.
- If you are taking any drugs or natural products used for sleep. There are various products used for sleep. Inquire your doctor or pharmacist if you are not certain.
- Do not use this medicine if you are pregnant.
- Do not breastfeed while you are using this drug.
- This medicine must not be given to a child.
- If you are lactose intolerant or have certain rare hereditary health problems like galactosemia or glucose-galactose malabsorption. Certain strengths of this drug have lactose. Speak with your physician.
Inform your doctor and pharmacist concerning all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health conditions. You must make sure that it is safe for you to take this drug with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not starts, stop, or alter the dose of any drug without consulting with your doctor.
Precautions of Zolpiclone
- Do you have liver or kidney complications?
- Do you have breathing difficulties such as asthma, COPD or sleep apnea?
- Are you pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Do you have dementia?
- Are you taking any other medicines? This involves any drugs you buy without a prescription, such as herbal and complementary medicines.
It is essential that you inform your doctor or pharmacist prior to start taking zopiclone. At times a medication is not appropriate f
Precautions as you are taking zopiclone
More attention is necessary when taking zopiclone because it can cause sleepiness and affect your attention the next day. Drowsiness can last for at least 11 hours after taking your dose.
- Do not drink alcohol as you are taking zopiclone, particularly when you first start treatment.
- Severe drowsiness and impaired concentration when you are drinking alcohol while taking zopiclone.
- If you happen to drink alcohol, drink only little amounts and observe how you feel.
- Taking some other prescription (such as antihistamines, antidepressants, painkillers) or herbal products with zopiclone may cause sleepiness and concentration poorer.
- Seek for advises with your pharmacist if you are taking other medications or herbal products.
- Zopiclone is expected to alter your concentration and capability to drive.
- The effects of zopiclone can continue into the following day, effects on driving performance may be radically impaired for at least 11 hours after taking the medicine.
- Avoid driving until you know how the medicine modifies you, especially when you first start treatment.
- Read more on zopiclone and next-day impairment.
- Zopiclone can boost your risk of falls because of its effect on concentration and sleepiness, and it can also cause muscle weakness.
- If you are an older adult over 65 years, the risk of falls is higher.
- Read about medicines and falls risk and preventing falls.
- Do not stop taking it abruptly, if you have been using zopiclone for longer than a few weeks. It is best to lessen the dose gradually.
- Suddenly stopping can trigger withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety and restlessness, and further sleep problems if you have been taking it for more than 2 weeks.
Drug interactions of ZopicloneZopiclone may have an interaction with any of the following:
- anticonvulsants (medications used to prevent seizures; e.g., phenytoin, valproic acid, carbamazepine)
- anti-anxiety medications (e.g., alprazolam, clonazepam, lorazepam)
- anticonvulsants (medications used to prevent seizures; e.g., phenytoin, valproic acid, carbamazepine, gabapentin)
- antihistamines (e.g., cetirizine, doxylamine, diphenhydramine, hydroxyzine, loratadine)
- antipsychotic medications (e.g., olanzapine, quetiapine
- "azole" antifungals (e.g., ketoconazole, itraconazole, voriconazole)
- barbiturates (e.g., butalbital, pentobarbital, phenobarbital)
- calcium channel blockers (e.g., amlodipine, diltiazem, nifedipine, verapamil)
- chloral hydrate
- grapefruit juice
- HIV non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs; e.g., delaviridine, efavirenz, etravirine, nevirapine)
- HIV protease inhibitors (e.g., darunavir, ritonavir, saquinavir)
- macrolide antibiotics (e.g., clarithromycin, erythromycin)
- magnesium sulfate
- muscle relaxants (e.g., cyclobenzaprine, methocarbamol, orphenadrine)
- narcotic or opioid medications (e.g., codeine, fentanyl, morphine, oxycodone)
- St. John's wort
- selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs; e.g., citalopram, duloxetine, fluoxetine, paroxetine, sertraline)
- tricyclic antidepressants (e.g., amitriptyline, desipramine)
- tyrosine kinase inhibitors (e.g., dasatinib, imatinib, nilotinib, sunitinib)
Speak with your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any of these medications. Depending on your particular situation, your doctor may want you to:
- discontinue taking one of the medicine,
- change one of the medicine to another,
- change dosage one or both of the medicine, or
- Leave everything as is.
Talk to your doctor about how any drug interactions are being administer or should be administer. An interaction among two medications does not always signify that you must discontinue taking one of them.
What other drugs will affect Zopiclone?
You must inform your doctor if you are using any other drugs, including any that you purchase without a prescription from a pharmacy, supermarket or health food store.Several medicines may hamper with the absorption of Zopiclone these involve:
- Medicines to treat depression, anxiety, and mental illness;
- St John’s wort (hypericum), a herbal remedy for depression;
- Other medicines which may cause drowsiness;
- Benzodiazepines (medicines used as sedatives or to treat anxiety);
- Pain relievers, such as opioids or narcotic analgesics;
- Alcohol (ethanol), contained in some medicines e.g. cough syrups;
- Muscle relaxants;
- Medicines used to treat epilepsy;
- Antiviral medication;
- Rifampicin, erythromycin or clarithromycin (medicines used to treat infections);
- Ketoconazole or itraconazole (medicines used to treat fungal infections).
The following medicines stated above may be altered by Zopiclone or may change how well it works. You may need to take distinct amounts of your medicine or different medicines. Your doctor or pharmacist will instruct you.
Your doctor or pharmacist has more knowledge on prescriptions to be careful with or to avoid while taking Zopiclone. Click here to get the latest updates about the natural depression pills.
A few individuals taking medications like zopiclone have done things while they are asleep that they do not recall when they wake up, such as sleepwalking, sleep-driving and having sex. Talk about it with your doctor, if this happens to you.
If you encounter any further symptoms which you think may be due to the tablets, talk with your doctor or pharmacist for additional advice.